STANDARD SEAT WARRANTY
RUN AS SMOOTHLY AS A SEAT
When you buy your new SEAT from an authorised UK dealer, you’ll get a three-year vehicle warranty. It includes a two-year unlimited mileage manufacturer’s warranty and a third-year warranty up to 60,000 miles. Plus, you’ll be covered with a three-year paintwork warranty and a 12-year anti-perforation warranty. You can also extend your three-year vehicle warranty by a further one or two years.
THE FIRST TWO YEARS
If a fault in manufacture or workmanship occurs during your warranty period, a member of the SEAT authorised service network (regardless of whether they were the original supplying dealer or not) will carry out work that is required under the warranty free of charge. Any part that is replaced becomes the property of SEAT. The replaced parts are covered for the duration of your warranty.
The only preconditions are:
- Normal wear and tear service items are excluded from the warranty cover
- If you have modified the vehicle by the addition of accessories or other equipment, you may be charged for the removal of such equipment, if so required to effect a repair
- The warranty of the vehicle is not affected by any change of ownership of the vehicle
THIRD YEAR WARRANTY
After the first two years of warranty your vehicle will be covered by a third-year warranty as long as:
- The vehicle has not exceeded 60,000 miles
- The vehicle was imported by SEAT UK and supplied through the SEAT UK authorised dealer network
Your warranty will terminate at the end of the third year, from the date of your original registration or at 60,000 miles (whichever comes first).
Should the mileage exceed 60,000 within the first two years, the two-year manufacturer's warranty will still be valid, but you will not automatically be covered for a third year.
PAINT AND BODYWORK WARRANTY
From the date of registration of your SEAT, you'll receive a three-year paintwork warranty, plus your SEAT will be covered for a 12-year period, against perforation from rust.
The warranty against paintwork manufacturing defects on all models is three years from the date of registration.
Should a defect occur within the warranty period, a member of the SEAT authorised service network will carry out the necessary repairs free of charge whether or not they sold the vehicle. The only preconditions are:
- The defect must be reported to a member of the SEAT authorised network as soon as it’s discovered. This must, of course, be within the warranty period
- The defect must not be due to external influences such as accident damage; climatic, thermal, chemical, animal, bird or industrial pollution; insufficient care or maintenance. This will be determined by a member of the SEAT authorised network at the time of inspection
All current SEAT vehicles are fully protected during manufacture against corrosion attacking the internal cavities of the bodywork. This warranty protects against perforation due to rust penetration from within the internal cavities of the vehicle to an external surface for 12 years from the date of first registration.
In the unlikely event of this occurring within the warranty period, a member of the SEAT authorised service network will carry out the required repairs free of charge, whether or not they sold the vehicle to you. The only preconditions are:
- The defect must be reported to a member of the SEAT authorised network as soon as it’s discovered. This must be within the warranty period
- The perforation must have not been caused originally by damage, neglect, insufficient care or maintenance, or by external rusting
- The area giving cause for complaint must not have been previously repaired to a lower level of anti-perforation protection
- A member of the SEAT authorised service network must be advised about any rusting immediately
All repairs will be carried out promptly in accordance with the manufacturer’s technical guidelines, using only approved parts and materials in order to maintain the original level of anti-corrosion protection.
EXTENDED WARRANTY - NEW CARS
You can take out a SEAT Extended Warranty before your new car is registered for the same level of cover for up to five years. You can choose a SEAT Extended Warranty to last until the end of the fourth year/up to 75,000 miles or until the end of the fifth year/up to 90,000 miles, whichever is soonest.
As prices are likely to go up over the years, you could save even more money by purchasing your extended warranty at the same time as you purchase your car.